Wednesday, December 16, 2009

To Wonderings Past and Present

Today I would like to share something that came to me out of the blue after purchasing a Christmas gift for a good friend of mine. He has been a counselor and friend to me for more than a decade now and I felt the time was right to show him how much he has meant to me on this journey of self discovery. And so, here's to R. C.; a true companion on the journey.



To wonderings past and present
On paths or trails I spent
Traversing hill or dale
In search of meaning went
With staff in hand a true companion
To clear the weeds or test the depths
Of streams I longed to cross
Through fields of morning vale
In hopes of greater meaning there
Amidst the journeys grander scale
Return to tell the tale
In kind a gestured gift
Reminiscent of the climb
Which took me there
A higher plain on which to tread
Where no doubt could arise
And break familiar ties
That ruled my life
And left for dead
The dreams of freedom in my head
That stood the test of time.






No comments:

Post a Comment