Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Gift of Rain and Postage

I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.


e. e. cummings

Positive thoughts are the most life giving gift we can give ourselves, especially when things are not going well in our lives. When we look upon nature in all its grandeur, it is hard to not believe that something all knowing, all powerful and watchful is presiding over us. As the rain finally fell upon my desperately drought ridden back yard last night, I could almost hear the trees and grass give a collective sigh of relief. Even though the sky lit up and belched a terrifying rumble that shook the very foundation of my home, I knew the corn would welcome more than a drink to cool parched and withering leaves, but an electrifying boost of creative energy as well. And so we rise to meet a new and glorious day; hopeful, renewed and longing for more insight like a rainbow outstretched on a distant horizon.



I apologize for not posting last week, but I was on a camping trip with my two boys. Unfortunately, I broke an arm while attempting to navigate a mountain bike trail and have been a bit incapacitated ever since. I hope to keep on in spite of having to be so much more patient getting dressed and performing the daily tasks that we all take for granted, like dressing and bathing ourselves. I am also reminded how much pain can affect and redirect our patience for the tiny annoyances that come along during the course of a day’s time. It is indeed a comfort to read E.E. Cumming’s quote above and to be reassured that God has all things in the palm of his hand. I thank you Aunt Jane for the simple gift of honest words and something as subtle as a postage stamp. Bless you!





No comments:

Post a Comment