Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Twitterverse


Twitterverse


What would you say to me
If only you could?
I spent my life
Dodging truth
Believing lies
And left you behind
In some fit of childish rage.

Inside of me
This anger is silence
And you should know by now
My heart is wounded easily
But my soul lives on in agony
Without you.

Even if I could
It would not change a thing
The storm has passed
The damage done
And spring was yesterday.

And so you see
What we could be
But time has left us wounded
As if we have forgotten how to breath
Beneath a wave of yesterday
God save us.

And so there are no more words
No more admiring glances from afar
Only reality and suffering
And old hopes of what could have been
Goodbye.

Welcome to my twitterverse
Where words are anything but trivial
And life is worn like a warm shirt
Infused with the scent of you
My love.

D.A. Wittler 15'



No comments:

Post a Comment