Saturday, September 10, 2016

Night Rain

Last evening a storm passed through in the wee hours of the morning. I found myeslf closing windows and quietly listening as a gentle breeze gave a first hint of rain. My thoughts were turned to  high school friends who lost parents quite recently. Now, perhaps it is my compasionate side that takes over at times like these, or maybe it is the spirit within which calls me to share some kind of solice for those who experience such loss in their lives. Whatever the case may be, I offer you a glimpse of my world at Witt's Den.   
And now, a first draft perhaps...for those who grieve. For all who still remember 9/11 as well.
 God Bless
Witt


Night Rain

Like comfort food
It calms me
Gentle as a touch
A respite from my labors
Whispers in the night
Soothing parched lips
Like a kiss from a lover
A call to slumber
Tears of joy from heaven
Washes away all sorrow
As I dream of tomorrow
Embraced by dawn
We are together once again
Savior and sinner
Cleansed in splendor
Longing of men
Like thunder rolling
Fog of morning undone
Our freedom he has won
As tears from heaven fall
In answer to this call
Forgiveness comes.


D.A. Wittler 16'

No comments:

Post a Comment