Thursday, July 13, 2017

Silence and Ripples

Silence and Ripples

When I lose myself to silence
Water, calm as ice upon the pond
I touch it with my finger
Waves reach out beyond
Changing the shoreline forever
And there is you
A distant figure
Calling out my name.

How long must I fear you?
When will time be done with me
And we can be together
In silence once again?
No distractions
Only ripples on the water.

My God
How I long for you
Is it really necessary
Life is hell upon this stairway
People beating on each other?
From within comes our anger
But there is always silence
Crystal clear as water
Drowning out this fire within my soul.

Save me from this feeling
Falling into flames
Satisfy my desire
Find me a home in heaven
Where there are no neon signs to read
Only silence for my soul
A calm repose forever
No more halls of empty promises
No more stairs to climb in vain.

Provide a final platform for this prose
And my story will be written
Upon the ripples of time
That I was here on earth
For second chances
No more hurting souls
Emersed in troubled waters
Never alone again
Beside your loving presence.
Amen

                                  D.A. Wittler 17’

No comments:

Post a Comment