Friday, December 1, 2017

Merciful Distraction


I apologise for the late hour, but I was at work, and this came to me. I was thinking about the movie Patch Adams with Robin Williams where he has lost the love of his life, and is on the edge of jumping off a cliff when a butterfly lands in front of him. I hope you like it.
Merciful Distraction

Perhaps once in a lifetime
When we've labored so much
Someone comes along
A stranger from the rough
Bearing innocent conversation
A merciful distraction
To ease the rush of life's dispassion
That duty, and honor
Have not gone out of fashion
And when the tempest’s rage
Has given the worst it can deliver
We begin to recover
Some semblance of normal once again
If that was the reason
For our chance meeting
Then let it be as it was
A miracle of transformation
From grief to life once more.

D.A.Witter 17’

No comments:

Post a Comment