Friday, March 15, 2019

A Repertoire of Words

A few thoughts on words:
Words are my playground, I could stay there all day long, so why do I work all night in restless misery thinking of a song? Sometimes I say in silent prayer, "come fix me Lord, I am broken," and then I realized it is just a handy excuse every time I fear a change is on the horizon, and tiny violins start playing. It is like starting a new job, first days are always the best because you are the new kid on the block, no one expects you to know anything about the games they play, or the boundaries you can explore. I wonder to myself, "Why can't  every day be a first day so life can go on more easily because I am still learning how to play a part in a grander scheme of things." But I am reminded that getting older means we become like sages pointing others to the places we have already been. A job is just a stopping point on a never ending journey where challenges keep us growing, thinking, and learning the rules of another set of skills. And so I look out upon another playground where words expand my view of where I want to go. Is it safety, and security I seek, or just to stay put, and mull over how comfortable I have become being lazy? Now I have been to many playgrounds in my life, and have never settled in for too long without that urge to walk away with a treasure trove of experience in my back pocket. And so again I am looking for that opportunity to find a perfect match of wit, work, and wisdom to add to my repertoire of words, among other things.
Amen, and God bless you all!
D.A. Wittler 3/15/19

No comments:

Post a Comment