Sunday, May 16, 2021

Reflections From A Hospital Bed

A few thoughts: Reflections from a hospital bed.

Moved To Mercy

As I lay here struggling
Just to breath
Nurses attending my every need
Doctors providing their opinions
I stare out the window
Wondering in isolation
"When will it end?"
While an insidious foe
Rages through my body
Like a wildfire out of control.

I have compared thee
To a siege from dark ages
When knights clashed
Protecting their reputations
But battle was not their only weapon
And only as a last resort
As they pledged to help the hopeless
The hungry, and oppressed
And so I call upon you
Oh noble knight within
To prepare for battle
As this foe rages on
And I scarce 
Can take another breath.

Oh Lord
Almighty Father
By whose benevolence I beckon
Not only for myself
But for all who suffer
From whatever cause
Physical, emotional or situational
Be comforted by your compassion
And through the saving grace
Of your son Jesus
Be forgiven of sin
Lifted up by your Holy Spirit
Brought to healing, peace of mind
And restful sanctuary.

May all who bring evil
Oppression, and suffering
Into this world
Upon the innocent
Be moved to mercy
So that healing can begin.
Amen

D.A. Wittler 5/16/21

No comments:

Post a Comment