Sunday, October 10, 2021

Friday 4:30 a.m..

So, it's 4:30 in the morning. I can't sleep, the dogs think it's time to get up. The rain begins tapping on the roof outside. Another day has begun even though the sun has yet to rise. Yes, I'm tired, wore out, and fighting off the urge not to go to work this morning. I've given my 110% for the week, but I know it is not enough. I pray daily, the Lord listens, but only answers in his own mysterious ways. Even though I believe with all my heart, and soul, it is not enough, and I struggle to think of stepping foot back into that stifling space called church where I sat in silence crying out for help. I have given, and recieved many times over, yet the world continues to get worse, and worse, but there is hope in love, and kindness if we hold steadfast to the notion we can all still make a difference. If you find solace in a place of worship, God bless you. If you find hope in continuing the breakneck pace of work, work, work, God love you. But if you are like me, you just want to get off this crazy Merry go round, and find a little peace, and happiness without all the hatred, mandates, betrayal, and tyranny unfolding in front of your eyes. God help us because he has obviously left it up to us to make the right choices if the world is ever going to  see paradise ever again.
Good day, and good luck; as if luck exists at all any more.
Signed,
A tired aging man

D.A. Wittler 10/8/21

No comments:

Post a Comment