Wednesday, December 24, 2008

On the Eve...

On this morning of the eve of Christmas, I sit here in my den reflecting on the day and evening to come and the opening of presents this morning. Since my wife's family tradition has been to gather at the family homestead, we have opened gifts on Christmas eve morning with our two boys here at home. With our newest family addition lying on the floor beside us, Buddy, we each tore into the wrapping paper and discovered the surprises hidden beneath.
Afterwards, I sat back in my easy chair to read the opening pages of the two new books my wife bought me this year. It will be a pleasure to read them over the holidays as I ponder the yet to be written pages of my own book still brewing in my head. 2009 will be the year I finally get into print!
So, as the breakfast dishes are washed and the boys gather up their Christmas gear, I want to offer a blessing to all of you; especially to the family across town who will be traveling to visit relatives today. May the eve of Christmas fill your hearts with joy and the anticipation of Christ's coming. May he enlighten you with the revelation of his saving grace which shall remain with you all throughout the coming New Year. Amen. Witt-

No comments:

Post a Comment