Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In the Market Place of Prayer


photos: David & Martha Dearinger 2007.
These photos were taken in Wurzburg Germany in 2007. I was stationed there between 1982-1984. I found this web album by David and Martha Dearinger; a couple who had been stationed at the same military installation as I was only a few years earlier. These images bring back memories. If you would like to see more pictures of this beautiful Bavarian city, here is the link: http://wurzburg-photos.com/
I walk on cobble stone
Seemingly alone
Unlike the smooth and level space of home
Each step imperiled with weather or slope
Carried by hope
Sometimes slick with rain or steep terrain
As I approach the castle keep
Ready to leap
Where vendors display
A whole array
Farm fresh and floral spray
Gathered from a hillside
Or field below the meadow
I feel the yearning as a pull
Upon a heart string offered
In the market place of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment