Friday, May 29, 2009

Let the Summer Fun Begin

It's finally the last day of school for my boys so I thought I'd have a little fun. I've been filling out paperwork all week to go back to school myself so don't take my words too seriously. The following was just an exercise in trying to write lyrics for a song. No one has to take them serious, but sometimes there are those people who you would rather not listen to, especially if they like to use you as an ear to gnaw on. Life is too short to find fault everywhere you look. Like the Billy Joel song says, "So we can all enjoy the weekend for a change." (or words to that affect). Here comes the disclaimer: Please take into account the nature of the following as it pertains to no certain individuals either living or dead. It is intended for the soul purpose of entertaining the reader. Here's to all you psych majors out there!

All in Your Head

Every time I hear you complain
About the things in your brain
It’s all just words to me
And it drives me crazy
Knowing the truth
You’re so uncouth
Dragging me down
Why are you so lazy?

I have to wonder
My big blunder
Was listening to you
It’s all about you
In the middle of the night
I’m the only one in sight
But I think it’s
All in your head.

All in your head
Life’s so compelling
Why are you yelling?
About nothing at all
You’re driving me insane.

You got no cause for worry
Being in such a hurry
Just makes you a pain
In a place I’d rather not mention
Putting me in your shoes
I’d surely lose
So get away from me
Before it’s too late.

The world’s not so bad
Making you sad
Psychological mumbo jumbo
Is killing you
Calling your shrink
All that stuff in your sink
What good does it do?
When it’s all in your head.



All in your head
Life’s so compelling
Why are yelling?
About nothing at all
You’re driving me insane.

Now take this as a lesson
Why am I messin
Saying anything at all
To a nut case like you
Take it all in stride
Have some pride
And chill for a while
It’s all in your head.

That’s right!

No comments:

Post a Comment