Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bouquet of Life

This is a work in progress, but I occasionally get inspired by country music lyrics and try to write my own. I appreciate your comments. I hope you like it. Witt




Our life together has been a garden.

We started out with just a chunk of land,

like two very different individuals

who needed tending,

and then we sowed some seed and watched it grow.



For nearly twenty years now it has yielded many things

A mixture of toil and tears but somehow it began to show

what the power of love and a whole lot of prayer

can do for two lonely souls like us.



So today I look upon this garden as our bouquet of life

and I thank God we’re still together.

After all we’ve been through it is clear

That we are still stronger together

than we would ever be apart.

So here’s my shoulder for you to cry on

and here’s the best of me; my heart.



Honey I know our life is still a struggle,

and there is no way to put a value on strife.

When the good Lord has seen us through and through,

like the storm in Spring time and the Winter blues;

as the flowers lay dormant beneath the fallen snow,

they know that better days will come in Summer.

And yes, they will wither in the Fall

just as it has always been for countless generations;

every life and every soul will visit the seasons

and wind up behind heaven’s doors.



So let us now gather from this garden

all the hopes and dreams we shared

and put them in a vase upon a table;

like a fine bouquet of flowers show,

and continue on as we are able.

With God all things are possible

and our garden will always grow.








No comments:

Post a Comment