Monday, May 7, 2012

Stranger to Myself

Times have been tough these past few years and there is no sign in sight that they will change. I have been down sized, laid off, taken pay cuts and had hours reduced and been terminated, disrespected, humiliated and labeled. Now, the only way I get noticed is by AARP for a membership. No retirement, no savings, no future and no job but scrubbing floors two days a week. What a life!
Well, I could just sit back and call it quits, but I know there is a reason for everything because my faith says so. Even Job knew that no matter what God would provide. Why should I believe otherwise? The crux of the matter seems to be that sometimes I feel like a stranger to myself. I have come a long way from a shy kid to where I am today. I prayed long and hard for a good woman to come into my life and for a family. What more could a man ask for, right? I never asked for a fortune, a particular career or that I would never have to suffer hardship in my life. I always knew there would be tough times, but I never thought it would last twenty years. All I can do is pray that things will change for the better and that I can do something about it in the mean time. Overcoming a lifetime of failure is a hard burden to carry, but God knows I am ready for the light of day to shine and for brighter days to come. What else do I have to go on? God bless. Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment