Thursday, May 16, 2013

Monday Monologue

A follow up piece to my last entry. I'm thinking about doing a series on this theme. Your thoughts are appreciated. So, here goes...

Monday Monologue



Monday, May sixth, 2013
Back to where my married life began
Now, only memories
The fountain I once thought
Would never stop
Has gone silent

The books I used to surround myself with
Speak volumes of past lives’
As if I had died
And been reborn a stranger.


First Methodist tolls the six o’clock hour
While “Peace is Flowing Like a River”
Calls from Sunday morning.
My neck aches from sleeping hard
Unknowing of what tomorrow brings.


Life has become a maelstrom
Drawing everything within sight
Downward
Like a giant drain after a hot bath
While a once close friend sparks anew
Hope in the written word.
You are my hero.



No comments:

Post a Comment