Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Untie the Knot, You Fool

I found the words
And heard the tune
In streaming legal terms
Justice is not blind
It sees beyond the womb
Knows our secrets
Displays the doom
Of mortal combat
In a court room.

Through blood stained eyes
I saw the cross
It held me up
Carried me home
To a silent space
All alone...
Where misery resides
And blind men find
A rope to bind
Tying knots to size
Hoping to unleash the gloom.

A hundred million years
Will find no trace of us
We spent out time
Turned to dust
A pitiful race
But there is redemption
So, untie the knot you fool
And bury the old
Seek the new
In time all wounds heal
And truth lives once again.

D. Wittler 5/13

What can I say about this one? I came across Pink Floyd's "Final Cut" and it struck a chord in me. In spite of all that has happened over the last sixth months in my life, I find something to write about that might resemble poetry. What a treasure to behold!

No comments:

Post a Comment