Saturday, November 21, 2015

Old Magic

More from what I call "Twitterverse." It all occurs or happens with a thought,an image, a dream or encounter, and becomes its own creation.
First, an introduction:
What can be said of a glimpse of old magic returning? It is liberating to enter in with no expectations and to hear that word "trust" mentioned again, albeit perhaps in the wrong context of a past relationship.
One must always see possibility in every situation gone bad in hopes that something better can come from a meeting of mind, heart, and soul.
Perhaps it is not magic at all but a sign of healing in terms of mutual understanding. One can only hope that it is so and not merely an imagined physical response to an outcome of longing. Witt

Old magic and memories of you
What can I do
When flames of old return?
In my heart longing,
In my hand no ring
No bells or "I do's" to sing.

In whose mind
Did wand wave first
Mine or yours?
A silent hunger
We both do thirst
But memories remain
Each person the same;
Is love a game?

No heart of mine
Once blind will shine
In love like that again
But who is to say
We cannot find a way
To find each other
And be enlightened.

Old magic
What can we do
When spark is gone,
Rekindled by time
Life together
Just a memory
I see your face
Hear your voice
A second chance?

Wave to me,
And I to you
A second act
Or something we think we want
Or need because of absence?
And let it up to fate
As so many lovers do.

D.A. Wittler 15'



No comments:

Post a Comment