Friday, November 4, 2016

To Practice What I Preach

A few thoughts:
I watched a good man give an acceptance speech, and I thought to myself: "Why the hell do I keep beating myself over the head for simply being a flawed human being?" I know I can't help myself sometimes, but I fall from grace when I try to go it alone, or when I condemn another for the same reasons I criticize myself. So then I know I must change the question, if another outcome is my desire.
Heroes are for comic books, or so we are to assume by the pictures on a movie screen, but we are the true heroes of our time, if we but look beyond the limits of our feeble minds. Now, I cannot bring myself to looking ten years down the line, when I have all I need to overcome today in the here, and now. And like that little engine that could, I rise each day, and look up to that hilltop, and prepare myself to shine, knowing life is all down hill on the other side. So I must make the best of today because I grow stronger with each mile I climb! Now, to practice what I preach.
Amen and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment