Monday, February 20, 2017

Life And The Sea

Am I "The Old Man and the Sea" that Hemingway made famous?  Only this cryptic message of the day leaves clues. For those who throw it out there: Bye, bye fishies, I've had my fill up to here with upgrade notices. If you want me, you can find me here! Tired of living with the story of the one that got away, but I'm not your fish market variety kind of guy. Talk to me, I'll listen, reach out, and I'll take your hand, but don't B.S. me, because I'll never understand. You see, a gentleman never expects to play ball on the first at bat, is careful not to try and steal second base when first will do, and most importantly, life is a beautiful thing, and so are all of you, keep on believing because faith always fills your net with what is best for you, not with sharks who only want a piece of you.

And so my story tells no tale of fish, and men, it only reveals the human condition where the single, searching, and broken hearted go to find that lasting relationship.
It is true, I have tried, and failed, and lived to share my words with you, but I find myself in a boat of my own making in which time will tell, and weather foretelling will pronounce my eventual coming home upon the shoreline. The only thing left to tell is the reality of my imagining. And so ask: "Is life but pure fiction, or a story worth a thousand tellings because it's truth is worth the listening?"
God bless
Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment