Thursday, March 2, 2017

On Higher Ground I See

A few thoughts:
You came to me in a dream today, and I knew it was true, that when someone is praying for you they come to you in this way.
There are many strange forces at work in our world, countless choices to be made, but the greatest choice is to love someone, not because of a mere feeling in the pit of your stomach, or because of the laws of attraction, or nature, but because they reach a part of you that runs deeper than any senses you possess. You love them because on some level they bring out the best in you, the lover, the fighter, the survivor in your soul, and that feeds your desire to be one with them. Indeed, there is no greater example of true love than two souls joined together. I thought I knew that once, and a part of me still believes in what now seems to be a distant memory, but now I go forward into an uncertain future where time has no meaning, only the search for connection on a higher plain than mere affection, or the needs, and instincts nature has planted in my human brain.
 And so I continue on that quest for deeper meaning, and not just dreaming of what could be. For dreams call us to aspire to our greatest selves, not our mediocre present expectations of what the world tells us is real, when in fact it is full of lies, and always tries to steal us of our inmost desire for unconditional love. And so, here's to you...Beyond the dream, and I will be your muse.
God Bless
Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment