Saturday, April 8, 2017

April Rain, and the Power of Pain

A few thoughts concerning the nature of hard luck, and tough times:
I used to see a counselor to help me deal with depression, anger, and issues from my past. I used to see a physician to help ease the imbalance of, or low level of chemicals in my brain that somehow keep a person sane, but I found no real comfort there, or solution hiding in some childhood revelation.
You see,  I found the mechanism of my pain, and my survival in a song, or simply a few words shared In a moment to be the best form of treatment there is for someone like me. Like the Beatles lyric says, "I am the walrus." I am the oddball in the room standing beside the elephant making silent noises.
And so there are memories I keep, and friends I seek to share this journey through life. It may seem at times that I have succumb to the miseries of this world, but it is for me the best therapy I can imagine to find a way through it all. Thank you all for listening to the walrus in the room.
God bless!

          April Rain

Some days I get tired of rain
Falling on pavement like pain
Shooting through my body
Like a memory that will never go away
And I never want to be alone again.

Some days give me sunshine
To take away this sorrow
And I will keep going
Though it's an uphill battle
Please tell me tomorrow.

Some nights get me thinking
Want to beg or borrow
Just a little comfort
To ease my troubled heart
But there's no one there to care.

But give me hope tonight
No more grey skies come morning
And I will keep going
Like a traveler with a destination
Lord I'm coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment