Monday, April 3, 2017

For Loss of "Little Friends."

A few thoughts: On those days when you know something terrible is going to happen, like the immenent passing of a family friend, and pet, the world shrinks just a little bit, and reality grips you with it's grim taste of bitter wine.

And so I dreamt of my little friends today, because the night takes me away for lesser things to occupy my time than walks through the neighborhood, or sharing a nibble of bacon from breakfast. We love them dearly because they give us so much unconditional love, and trust beyond measure. They show us life is about simple things that make us happy, like a warm place to cuddle up with our favorite person, or a roadtrip through the countryside​. They tell us with every bat of an eye, or wag of the tail that we are the center of their world, and God gives us such precious little time to learn from them to never hold grudges, appreciate what we have, and to never lose the enthusiasm  we knew as children. They teach us that it's OK to laugh at ourselves once in a while, be silly, or simply lay back after a good meal, and take a nap. I will truly miss my little friends Annie, and Alex; true friends I know will be waiting when time finally calls me to that place beyond dreams, and expectations the world uses to steal away our better selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment