Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Cause, The Mission And The Process

Clearing off these cluttered walls of things not collected,
Memories of bygone days
When I was young, and unafraid
Wondering if I'll ever see the day
When people stop to pay attention
To silent cries of desperation
In lines slowy forming above my brow
Dark circles below sunken eyes
It is a sad commentary to our times
When all one can do is pray for mercy
Knowing there is a reason, and a season for such suffering.
God only knows for sure when heaven is our final destination.
Amen

Now, cut down to 140 characters on Twitter.
Can you hear, see the difference, or is there? These are my days, searching for simplicity. When we take the detours of life, how much further we must travel, how much more we suffer. But not all is lost, neither a moment wasted, if we are committed to a cause. So, forgive, let go. Give life an opportunity to grow  inside of you again. If there is regret, find resolution. If there is pain, seek peace. If there is hate, find healing. If lost, there is always love to be given.

Cluttered walls
Things collected
Bygone days
Unafraid
See the day
Pay attention
Desperation
Sunken eyes
Sad times
Merciful season
Heaven.

D.A. Wittler 17'

Can you hear me now Ma?
Do you see me standing beside you Pa?
Can I be your equal now Sister?
Am I on the team now Brother?
Can I be your friend now classmate?
Will you treat me as such?
I have paid the price with my self esteem
Been beaten up by self doubt,
And only now can I come home to freedom,
Because God has let me out!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment