Monday, September 25, 2017

Thoughts On The Passage Of Time

A few thoughts on the passage of time:

I saw an old friend last evening. We sat at the bar, and struck up a conversation about the weather, and more serious subjects. Curious as it seems, my mind drifted off to more finer things.
I wonder about those sunny Summer days at the lake, and one special Mother's Day weekend. I think about the house I grew up in, and my parents who longer live there. I imagine one rainy Autumn day in September, and how for the first time in my life I felt like I had found something to last a lifetime.
"I don't know how she put up with me for thirty four years" my friend said, and I just smiled. Raindrops ran down the back window of the limo driving by in my mind's eye, and I thought "Yeah, I must have been some bastard to have pushed away the best thing to ever come into my life." But times change, and people cling to what brings them safety, and security. Once they feel betrayed, it's all over.
I have moved on from twenty four years ago, but I leave behind a muddy trail, and two sons who now have grown, and have flown on ahead of me to meet their own destinies. The days speed on like road signs on a busy freeway, and I often miss a turn to get lost in thought, and days of revelry, but love leaves an impression you never get over.
"Good night" I said to my friend as we parted the bar, and I walked off into the night a loner once again; aimless, and yearning for another day, and another chance to begin again.
Love, and peace my friends!
Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment