Sunday, September 24, 2017

Upon Those Long Nights Of Waiting.

Upon those long nights of waiting; a few thoughts:

We have all had long nights of waiting. Whether sitting bedside while a beloved wife labors for the birth of a first child, or longing to know the outcome of blood tests from a doctor's appointment. We have all known pain, both physical, and emotional. Like the anguish of rejection, or the knowledge that we just don't measure up to the standards that life places on us at a job. We all have our breaking point, even as we continue to pray for answers when there appears to be none.
I had such a night. At one moment, I awoke gasping for breath, and imagining a ghostly figure standing across the room waiting for my question "Are you here for me?" But there was nothing there, and I knew there were still a few breaths left in me.
I look back over many years of long nights, and I wonder when it began, and what triggered these symptoms that plague me every time I lay my head to rest. And so you know, so that you will not be surprised to hear the news when it finally becomes a reality; I bare my soul this morning.
They say acceptance comes when one has fully grasped the severity of their situation. Well, perhaps I have not reached the point of no return, yet I realize this ailment could be the reason for mine. I keep fighting the conclusion that with proper treatment things will get better, but I also know like the saying goes "If it's not one thing that will get you, something else will."
And so, instead of details, I'll close with a blessing that God will keep you securely in his care, especially on those long nights of waiting.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment