Saturday, January 5, 2019

What Will It Take?

A few thoughts:
Awakening to the silent world of texting I wonder, What will it take for me to reach you as the wall between us grows taller, and mightier than the love we once knew? How many instant messages does it take to find that one phrase that releases us from the bonds of platitudes, and emotional insecurity? In my heart I know the answers, if only I could get past the beating drum in my head that always looks for motive, and suspects every line to have some suspicious connotation. If only I could see beyond the barrier of my human limitations. For the love of God let me reach out to you as a friend, and not someone looking to persuade, or influence you in a way that hurts, but heals the wounds between us, for they are the true reason for our separation.
D.A.W. 1/5/19

No comments:

Post a Comment