Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Optimist, Pessimist, or a Really Bad Joke

A few thoughts: To look on the brighter side of life. That was the theme of a song I heard in a Month Python film years ago. We so often follow false prophets on our journey in life. Some persue education as a means to a career, and financial security. Others follow a vocational path to enlightenment through a skilled trade, or ministry. And still some wonder the earth with no clear direction; they just experience life in all it's many facets, and like a diamond they feel the pressure that it takes to shape them into the most resilient natural substance on earth.
 Sometimes I feel like that humble lump of carbon buried in the ground. I began like any other human being as the component of human genes, chemical processes, and electrical impulses. Then I grew to know life experiences outside the protective shell of  creative promise. I came to realize that I had to make it on my own in a harsh environment where strength is prized, and weakness punished. I had to put my best foot forward to make ends meet, and succeed in life. Though I have many faults, and imperfections, I still strive to make sense of it all, and be aware of a higher sense of self.
 I see others struggling, and make excuses as to why they fail, and fail again while others play along. I too have failed, and continue on, but I have realized that I must take responsibility for my actions, and simply endure with the promise that one day I will see the end with glory knowing it was not all in vain.
And so, look on the bright side of life, or not, either way we get there with a glint of wisdom in our eyes, or with a touch of skepticism in our brains that says; "Yeah, I came, I saw, and even though the guy next to me seemed to get a free pass, I kept my cool, and saw it through." God bless all!

No comments:

Post a Comment