Sunday, May 3, 2020

Reflections Amidst a Pandemic

A few thoughts: 
Reflections Amidst a Pandemic:
 (A work in progress)

I think about the miles 
these dogs have trod, 
and a flag unfurled 
I dream about a time 
of great upheaval,
and a people longing for freedom.
 
I feel the absence of a soldier
in the field, 
and a mother's prayers uplifted. 

I hear a gentle chimming 
of the hours, 
and the chorus of a windswept symphony
On a loney journey echoing;
It's origin dangling from a front porch.

I know loss,
and a friend struggling
Just to keep his heart beating
Silent faces peering 
from behind fear
Of a pandemic spreading.

In all this 
I know faith continuing
Flags still waving,
and a people clinging to each other
Proclaiming:
"This too shall pass."

D.A. Wittler 5/3/20

No comments:

Post a Comment