Friday, October 7, 2016

A View from a Blog, or a Dog That Is:



A few thoughts:
So I saw this poor dog chained up in the back yard of someone's home this morning. He looked not much older than a pup, and he had dug himself a hole to lay in, perhaps to provide some kind of security, or warmth from the approaching winter cold.
As I stood not far away, I wanted so badly to run over and give him a pat on the head, and tell him how much I would love to set him free, and take him home with me, but I didn't. You see, he kept staring at me, and then he would look to the house as if to say, "I'm still here, and waiting patiently for a little of your time and attention." I knew that eventually someone would come out and check on him as he appeared well taken care, except for the tie out that is.
Today, as I face some pretty tough situations, especially financially etc, I keep looking up towards "the big house," like that poor pup, and wonder if someone is looking out for me. I struggle to find comfort, and fight the urge to dig a hole to lie in my own self pity, but I keep looking up knowing things aren't really as bad as I think they are. Now I know why DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
Keep the faith my friends, we may feel all tied up sometimes, but eventually we are set free; it is all in how we must keep looking up, and realizing that we are truly looked after, and cared for in a way we cannot see or feel in our human form. Don't give up, never give in!
Amen
Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment