Monday, January 30, 2017

Letter To A Former Life

A few thoughts as they occurred to me while being awakened from a sound sleep.
Enjoy
Witt

Dear former life,

I look back now, and realize that no day goes by where I don't think of you; what we had, what we did, the good days, and bad. And I realize that no matter how I tried to navigate this world of contradiction, this brief scenario of happily ever after, I still come to the same conclusion that things happen for a reason.
Our journey begins with a rebellious cry that we would rather not be left out in the cold sterile light of a cruel world of lessons to be learned, skinned up knees, and sorrowful good byes. On the contrary, we would rather stay warm, and safe inside a protected environmental where our every need is supplied by an umbilical of codependence; kept in the dark of ignorance, and unknowns.
But we come to that right of passage through another's labor, and love which go hand in hand with life itself. And so we assume nothing, put aside our innocence, and put on a thicker skin infused with potential, and acceptance of a world full of choices, opportunities, pitfalls, and triumphs. We accumulate knowledge, learn to take our wounds with a grain of salt, and go on living.
And so here I am today looking back, and forth, but not forward, because there is no future without past, no present without realizing one must live each moment as it approaches an inevitable end; so I must make the best of it knowing that living with regret is no way to live for the sins I committed; rather, that faith, and love, and today are all that really matter; and you, my former life was just another right of passage through this world of bright, and ever changing colors.

Sincerely and Respectfully Yours,

A Flawed Human Being

No comments:

Post a Comment