Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Surrendering and Resistance

On Christmas Eve I received a book by Matthew Kelly titled "Resisting Happiness." I have just begun reading, and have found that to seek change in life, one must surrender to a higher power by asking "what shall I do?" This is my own response to this act of faith.

What Shall I Do?


It's been a long hard night
Building up courage
Thinking of you
My last refuge of hope
What shall I do
When morning comes?
No more empty promises
No IOU's
Like I used to do
Never meaning to follow
For the pain is too powerful
Not having you
In my thoughts today.

What shall I do
When confronting myself
Holding accountable
To roots of faith
When I don't want to
Yet knowing full well
I should
And life goes on
In spite of self loathing
Words keep coming
What shall do?
What shall I do?

D.A. Wittler 17'

No comments:

Post a Comment