Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Moment Of Your Time Please

A few thoughts:
As hard as it is to make a decent living these days, they just keep coming back to rob you, although you allow yourself to get lured in to the schemes of an educational opportunity, business venture, or that new car smell, it all stinks! Just as one burden is lifted, another one comes back to haunt you. As much as we try to be honest, hard working people who pay their bills on time, I wonder if I should take on a life of crime. But the temptation, though simple, and easy as it sounds, presents a whole new set of problems.
My Savior says to go with simple faith, and determination, to pick up my cross daily, and haul it down the path to perdition, where judgement falls on the wicked, and faithful alike, but some days I still wonder, "Is it worth my effort?" When the phone rings, and it's one more bill collector on the line, I consider my last dime. When does it end?
But I cannot let this world tear me to pieces, not when I can look a faithful companion in the face, and know that a wagging tail, and joyful disposition is telling me to come out into the yard, and play a while, no matter what may happen, even if tomorrow brings an end to my time with the screetch of tires on a loney stretch of country road. Keep on playing, though your heart is low, and your spirit longing for a little rest upon the back porch of home. I will go on, and I will remember that life is full of moments I have the choice to make happy, or sink into despair. Today, I choose happiness, tomorrow be damned!
God bless!
Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment