Saturday, August 19, 2017

To What Was And Is To Come

Open Window

Once I watched a door close
When she walked away
But I was long gone
Before I heard it
And there was nothing
And nowhere to go
Looking for an open window
To come along.

Pictures are my memory
I dream in vivid colors
Watching the wind blow
Through a forest
Leaves whisper her name
As I linger
Not knowing what to say
Looking for an open window.

Everything changes
No matter how we try
To remain the people
We put upon a pedestal
But we never become them
Pounding upon closed doorways
Till our fists bleed
Wounded soldiers in a game.

Noone to blame for
All the missed chances
To restore a pathway
Of a closed door
So I cling to a picture
Knowing my memories
Will hold still
Vision of an open window.

Will she reappear
Before I leave this life behind
Only time will tell
As the tide arrives
To erase difficult days
When I was blind to truth
Denying her spirit
A warm place to stay.

In my heart
There is an open window
Sunlight becomes her
To the hillside I climb
Clinging to a doorway
That will never open again
So I pray for salvation
In another's arms.

Neverland is just a place
Boys never grow old
But this world deals in reality
Something I ran from so often
Denying possibility
To make changes
For our sake
And so that door went unopened.

Don't you forget me
Even when you dream
The way it use to be
We had our moments
We brought life
To a gruesome world
We opened a window
No man can close.

Oh give me one more day
It's not the number
But the quality
Propels me forward
Closing doors give way
To open windows
And God knows
I'll be waiting anxiously.

When I come closer
Don't deny me
A way to find you
Over the phone
Close a chapter
Open a window
If only for a moment
And let me stay a while

D.A. Wittler 17’





No comments:

Post a Comment