Saturday, August 5, 2017

Mentor From The Grave

I, who slipped into this title of poet,
Long to be liberated from the world
Free to rage within the realm of my own wit,
To intervene, and
To transform the world..

Taken from, and inspired by: Sir Phillip Sidney
(1554-1586) Courtier to Queen Elizabeth I. Knight, warrior, horseman, and self described poet. Though he lived a brief life, he knew the gentility of nobility, the brutality of war, and the subtlety of poetry. A hero Knight of the highest order of chivalry, and literature. Wow, if I believed in reincarnation like the late great George S. Patton, there I would be! But I would never choose to die of gangrene from wounds sustained in battle, who would? Ah, but a quick sword to the heart is more the order of my life. A loner, son of a foundry worker, signal soldier; smitten by love, a father, leader, and lonely once more. And so I digress into the shadows of my later years, dismissed, but never out of the fight.
God bless
Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment